Watch/Read This First
Welcome to How to Write to Market Without Selling Your Soul!
This could be really cool or it could be a disaster! :)
What I'm Doing:
- I'm committing to reading & writing only urban fantasy to learn the genre at a deep level, and sharing the process of what that looks like.
- I'm launching a new pen name exclusive to urban fantasy, with no real audience to speak of. In many ways, I'm starting all over again.
- I'm writing my first novel in public, getting feedback from beta readers as I go to help me stay in the sweet spot of market vs. non-market.
- All of this will eventually become a paid course, but of course, you're getting it for free.
What You Can Learn:
- How to write to market while also writing things you love (I don't know what this looks like, but I'm going to try to see if I can find balance)
- How to launch a book with no audience
- What NOT to do
What to Expect:
- I will post updates every Wednesday. Expect an email from me via Teachable. I won't email you for anything else, and once the course is over, the emails will stop.
- I expect this to run around 6-8 weeks. My cover designer can't work on the cover until March, so I won't be able to do any of the launch/marketing stuff until then.
- I welcome your comments! I may not be able to respond to everyone, but know that I will be reading them all! Don't be a jerk though or I'll have to ban you.
- Please respect my copyright and do not share any of the course materials outside this course.
This course is 100% free, but if you'd like to support me, you're always welcome to donate to my Patreon page. You can make a one-time donation and then cancel if that works for you.
Thanks for joining me on this journey.